Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips!!
Sounds fancy right??!!! SUPER EASY – they only cooked for 15 minutes! Don’t mind that my photo is NOT as “good” looking as the one below BUT it’s all about taste right??!!!
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts;
- 1/2 cup (or less) coconut flour;
- 2 eggs;
- A splash of full-fat coconut milk;
- 1 cup (more or less) shredded coconut;
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Using a heavy object, like a rolling pin, hammer the chicken breasts so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips that are about 3/4″ to 1″ in width.
- You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk and egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut.
- Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken has completely cooked through.
- Serve with some paleo ketchup or a homemade plum or chili sauce or my avocado dip and enjoy!
Thanks to Paleo Diet Lifestyle for this great recipe!
My version 🙂 I PROMISE they taste great!!!
Amy Approved = Creating Harmony Through Fitness & Whole Foods…
Share on Facebook
Tweet This Post
This entry was posted in Amy "Approved" Recipes
. Bookmark the permalink